Plan Your Special Event
Located just minutes from downtown Pittsburgh on the North Shore of the Ohio River, Carnegie Science Center is a fun, versatile venue for your next celebration. Whether you’re throwing a birthday bash for your child, planning your dream wedding, or hosting an end-of-year party for your employees, our Special Events Team will help you create a celebration tailored to your vision.
Each one of our unique spaces features a distinctive ambiance and interactive opportunities to help you create an unforgettable occasion. Carnegie Science Center is perfect for:
- Birthday parties
- Bar and Bat Mitzvahs
- Graduation parties
- Corporate events
- Fundraisers and galas
Our North Shore location offers magnificent city views, convenient parking, awesome exhibits, and cool ideas for truly original events.
For wedding inquiries, please contact Special Events Sales Manager Hollie Flynn at FlynnH@CarnegieMuseums.Org or 412.237.8313.
For all other event inquiries, please call Special Events Sales Manager Vanessa Robertson at 412.237.3403, complete the Web Inquiry Form , or email SpecialEvents@CarnegieScienceCenter.org.
Group Admission can be added on to any daytime room rental. Please see the Group Admissions page for pricing.
We have on-site parking for $5 per car. Your guests can pay on their own or you can host it for them.
All rentals include tables and chairs, security, custodial services and event supervision.
Below is a list of our event spaces:
- Realize elegance in Carnegie Science Center’s premier event venue inside PPG SCIENCE PAVILION™.
- PointView Hall’s cool tones form a modern space with an unparalleled view of the city through its floor-to-ceiling windows.
- The stunning view of the skyline from the terrace adds an air of sophistication to our venue that you won’t find elsewhere.
- PointView Hall is a picture-perfect venue for wedding receptions, holiday parties, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, corporate receptions, lectures, galas, fundraisers, and other festivities.
- Accommodates: 500 theater-style, 450 for a cocktail reception, and 320 seated banquet-style.
- Make an impact in our fully-equipped Science Stage.
- The auditorium features theater-style seating and presentation essentials to meet your audiovisual needs, including a podium, microphones, large screen, projector, theater lighting, and more.
- Perfect for large presentations or award ceremonies.
- Accommodates: 300 seated
Covestro Gallery – H2Oh!: Why Our Rivers Matter Exhibit Area
- Make a splash with your guests as you explore rivers, water conservation, and aquatic environments.
- Overlooking the Ohio River, this hands-on space offers stunning views and opportunities for interactive animal experiences.
Buhl Planetarium and 2nd Floor Exhibit Areas
- This high-definition, full-dome experience will make your next event a celestial spectacular.
- Explore the world’s largest permanent robotics exhibition, roboworld®, and take a walking tour of western Pennsylvania at the world-renowned Miniature Railroad & Village®.
- Bring a group in for a Buhl Planetarium show or add one to your special event.
- Get married under the stars, hold a stellar award ceremony, or take your presentation to far reaches of the galaxy.
- Buhl Planetarium accommodates 146 seated.
BodyWorks 3rd Floor Exhibit Areas and BodyStage
- Book a live demonstration for your group and explore nutrition, healthy lifestyle choices, physical fitness, anatomy, and medical technology.
- Challenge a friend to mirror image drawing and interact with a digital skeleton who mirrors their every move.
- The BodyStage also is available for small meetings and presentations.
Works Theater and 4th Floor Exhibits
- Delight your guests with liquid nitrogen cocktails, fog up your atmosphere to add drama, or fire up the Van de Graff generator to literally make your hair stand on end.
- Within the Works Theater, audiovisual elements provide flexibility to accommodate meetings, receptions, and presentations.
- Includes Exploration Station and Little Learner Clubhouse Powered by PNC Grow Up Great®, where you can set off a flurry of special effects at The Button Wall, shake things up in the Earthquake Café, and manipulate wind forces to shift sands and create tornados.
- The Works Theater and 4th Floor Exhibit Areas are perfect for corporate dinners, holiday parties, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, social events, bar and bat mitzvahs, birthday parties, meetings, wedding ceremonies.
Wean Family Overlook Room
- Located on our fourth floor, the Wean Family Overlook Room features a fantastic view of downtown Pittsburgh and ample windows that allow for natural light.
- Perfect for birthdays and small meetings
- 40 seated
- Highmark SportsWorks® offers nearly 30 interactive experiences for all ages, covering three thematic areas: LifeWorks, Physics of Sports, and Sports Challenge.
- Climb the 24-foot Rock Wall, see how fast you can swing a bat, or traverse obstacles on the Ropes Challenge!
- Highmark SportsWorks® also has classrooms available for daytime events. Looking for something really hands-on? Ask about adding a BNY Mellon Fab Lab Carnegie Science Center demonstration to your classroom rental.
- This space is ideal for corporate receptions, meetings, bar and bat mitzvahs, birthday parties, and fundraisers.
Why not rent our main building for your next event? Perfect for company parties and conference receptions, a full building rental includes all our exhibit floors. We can create a made-to-order experience for you and your guests with shows and demonstrations you won’t find anywhere else. Call 412.237.3403 for more information.