Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, non job-related disability or genetic information as those terms are defined under applicable law.
JOB ID: 1550
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Outreach Presenter
DESCRIPTION: Carnegie Museum of Natural History's Lifelong Learning department is currently seeking enthusiastic, energetic, and reliable individuals to join our dynamic team to deliver exciting dinosaur encounters as an Outreach Presenter specifically costumed AS A DINOSAUR. The positions are occasional and part-time and will be called upon to perform at birthday parties, schools, festivals and more. Most performances are scheduled during the day, both weekdays and weekends.
• Charismatic, engaging and inspiring personality
• Capable of interpreting, adapting and responding to audience cues
• Strong communication skills
• Must have a valid PA driver's license
PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR:
• Candidate working towards a BS or BA in theater, and/or elementary/secondary education.
• Candidate interested in enhancing/refining their acting and presentation skills by exclusively utilizing non-verbal gestures and movements.
• Candidate with a passion for children's theater/entertainment
• Current/past student athlete
• Physicality to perform in a costume that weighs approximately 75 ponds for up to 20 minutes at a time
• Able to lift, transport, and assemble set materials
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh is interested in candidates who, through their experience and collaborations, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the Carnegie Museums community.
The following PA Act 153 clearances, or proof of application of clearances, are required prior to beginning employment and as a condition of continued employment:
• Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
• Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
• FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
Obtaining the required clearances is part of the orientation process. However, if you would like more information, please visit Keep Kids Safe.
Carnegie Museums is an EEO-1 Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability.